Unlocker is a perfect tool designed for removing file’s access restrictions and allowing to unlock file rapidly and effortlessly. Most of the users faced a situation when he/she was unable to copy files and folders locked by various applications or with long paths. These files are commonly created by viruses/adware/different OS/ and other software and can be harmful for the PC. Normally, they are inaccessible under Windows and, therefore, it’s impossible to unlock or delete them.
Sometimes, you cannot unlock folder or unlock a file due to Windows file-access bugs. In such cases Windows informs user that the file is currently in use, even if it’s not. ABTO Software’s folder unlock software can effectively bypass this bugs’ restrictions. Our file unlock utility seamlessly unlocks or disables obstacles that are preventing the user from accessing the target file.
File unlock utility applies a variety of methods to delete persistent and locked files, inclusively:
- trying to close the handle
- killing process which keeps file open
- unloading DLL that opened file’s handle
- scheduling file delete on the next reboot
- forcing the delete
Path Too Long Utility for Effective Deleting Files With Long Paths
Have you ever faced a problem of inability to delete files with long paths? They may take a lot of place on the disk and even damage your computer. ABTO Software offers a great delete long file names utility for Windows. To delete a file or a folder, you’ll just need to browse it and press a “delete” button.
Messages you can obtain from Windows while trying to delete/move/rename file:
- Cannot delete file/Access is denied
- Cannot delete file while it’s being used by another person or program.
- There has been a sharing violation
- Access is denied, make sure disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use
- Error Deleting File/Folder
- The source/destination file can be in use
- The file name you specified is not valid or too long.
Our path too long tool will help you to solve all these problems in the blink of an eye. ABTO’s path too long software identifies running processes and programs locking the file and therefore not allowing to remove or rename it.